Ofsted: Report Summary for Abacus
Inspection date: 7 November 2018
Previous inspection date: 3 November 2015
The quality and standards of the early years provision
Good 2 - The latest inspection
Good 2 - Our previous inspection
The latest inspection:
Good 2 - Effectiveness of leadership and management
Good 2 - Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
Good 2 - Personal development, behaviour and welfare
Good 2 - Outcomes for children
Summary of key Ofsted findings for parents
The provision is good
* Staff know the children very well and plan effectively to meet their individual learning needs. Staff use resources well to help children learn and they provide stimulating learning experiences that are enjoyable and rewarding.
* Children enjoy regular outings, such as taking the train to visit a local place of interest. This helps them to learn about the community and their place within it.
* Staff provide children with nurturing support, encouragement and praise. Children arrive happy and eager to play. They behave very well and are consistently kind and considerate towards each other.
* Staff work well with external agencies. Children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities are monitored closely and receive targeted support to help them progress.
* Staff support children as they transition to school. For example, they visit local schools to ensure continuity in learning.
To see our latest Full Ofsted Report (7th November 2018) please click here